“Bujinkan Code, Words of Wisdom, and Happiness”
- Know the wisdom of being patient during times of inactivity.
- Choose the course of justice as the path for your life.
- Do not let your heart, be controlled by the demands of desire, pleasure or dependence.
- Sorrow, pain and resentment are natural qualities to be encountered in life, therefore work to cultivate the enlightenment of the immovable spirit.
- Hold in your heart the importance of family loyalty and pursue the literary and warrior arts with balanced determination.
Shinryuken Masamitsu Toda, 32nd Grand Master, Togakure-Ryu Ninjutsu.
Essence of Happiness – Kofuku no Shiori
“The way to experience ultimate happiness is to let go of all worries and regrets and know that being happy is the most satisfying of life´s feelings. Reflect back on all the progress in your life and allow the positive, creative and joyous thoughts to outshine and overwhelm any sorrow or grief [bitterness] that may be lingering there in the recesses of your mind. Knowing that disease and disaster are a natural part of life, the key to overcoming adversity is with a calm and happy spirit. Happiness is waiting there in front of you. Only you can decide whether or not you choose to experience it, take this to heart!”
Toshitsugu Takamatsu the 33rd Grand Master, Togakure-Ryu
The tradition of the Bujinkan recognizes nature and the universality of all human life, and is aware of that which flows naturally between the two parts:
“The secret principle of Taijutsu is to know the foundations of peace.”
“To study is the path to the immovable heart (fudoshin).”
THE CODE OF THE DOJO:
- To know that patience comes first.
- To know that the path of Man comes from justice.
- To renounce avarice, indolence, and obstinacy.
- To recognize sadness and worry as natural, and to seek the immovable heart.
- To not stray from the path of loyalty and brotherly love, and to delve always deeper into the heart of Budo.
To follow this code is part of the dojo’ guidelines.
Meiji 23 (1890) Spring, Toda Shinryuken Masamitsu
Showa 33 (1958) March, Takamatsu Toshitsugu Uou
Hatsumi Masaaki Byakuryu